The project focused on media monitoring on issues of gender equality in the media, addressing the image of women to change conservative mentalities and schemes, and to have a more egalitarian media. The findings of this monitoring were published in the form of a brochure which was discussed at a roundtable with journalists and audiovisual media journalists, representatives of private and public TV, representatives of NGOs, journalists’ associations, students, public departments of gender equality.
• Creating alliances between the media, civil society and decision-making institutions to unite their goals and capacities to promote the empowerment of women in society by influencing media attitudes.
• Media monitoring to address the issue of gender equality.
• Monitoring the media to cover different segments of the population and how it addresses them in terms of gender discrimination and discrimination in general. (even to minorities or marginalized strata).
• Monitoring the treatment of this issue (how much and how) in the private and public media.
• Avoiding the negative and stereotyped image of women and girls in the media.
• Promoting an independent, egalitarian and non-discriminatory media as an important platform for a democratic society.
• Awareness of maintaining in the media a democratic and non-violent attitude towards these problems of society